If you and your children or grandchildren enjoy children’s books, don’t miss the 12th Annual Rochester Children’s Book Festival, which will take place on the Brighton Campus of Monroe Community College from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, November 8th.
This great FREE event offers families “452 titles to browse and buy, 20 arts and crafts activities (Pre-K to 6th Grade), 15 picture book readings, 14 presentations, five workshops and one bookish beast from the Seneca Park Zoo!” There is special programming for ‘tweens and teens as well.
- Bruce Coville (My Teacher is an Alien, the Dragon of Doom and Dark Whispers)
- Julie Cummins (Women Daredevils: Thrills, Chills and Frills)
- Jacky Davis and David Soman (The Ladybug Girl)
- Sheila Jarkins (Marco Flamingo)
- Eric Luper (Big Slick)
- Tamora Pierce (Melting Stones)
- Mary Jane and Herm Auch (Chickerella and Poultergeist)
- Cyntia DeFelice (The Ghost of Poplar Point)
- James Howe (The Bunniula series and the Houndsley and Catina series)
- Jeff Mack (Illustrator of Bunnicula series and Hush Little Polar Bear)
- Rafe Martin (The Rough-Face Girl, The Boy Who Lived with Seals, and many more)
- Linda Sue Park (Tap Dancing on the Roof and Keeping Score)
- Robin Pulver (Silent Letters Loud and Clear and Punctuation Takes a Vacation)
- Peggy Thomas (Snow Dance and Farmer George Takes a Vacation)
- Vivian Vande Veld (Stolen)
- Paul O. Zelinsky (Illustrator, Toy Dance Party and Awful Ogre Running Wild)
CLICK HERE for the full schedule of fun events.
The Brighton Campus of Monroe Community College is located at 1000 East Henrietta Road, Rochester NY. CLICK HERE to Map it. See you at the Book Festival!