In an exciting collaborative venture launched this past week, the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection and the Steuben County Visitors Bureau have partnered to bring history alive through the use of technology.
This fun program, called Podcast2thePast, offers visitors an opportunity to hear brief (2-3 minute) historical podcasts, exploring such treasures as:
- Belhurst Castle in Geneva, NY
- Corning’s Gaffer District in Corning, NY
- The Glenn H. Curtis Museum in Hammondsport, NY
- Granger Homestead & Carriage Museum in Canandaigua, NY
- The Historic Sulfer Springs in Clifton Springs, NY
- The Ontario County Courthouse in Canandaigua, NY
- Sonnenberg Gardens in Canandaigua, NY
- Widmer’s Wine Cellars in Naples, NY
- And more!
Another interesting feature of this program is that the podcasts offer a way to highlight packages such as “Wine and Women Rock,” which bring together Widmer’s Wine Cellars, Sonnenberg Gardens, the Ontario County Courthouse and Bully Hill Vineyards for a unique offering and a bit of history as well.
For local folks looking for something to do, this is a great way to “sample” some of the region’s treasures in advance of a visit.
Podcast2thePast was underwritten in part with an Explore New York grant from the NYS Division of Tourism.