Nazareth College Arts Center has always offered a stellar lineup of talent during its season, so its recent renovation will not change the quality of performance you will see there. What the renovation will do, however, is open doors for a broader range of top talent and assure that performing companies have state-of-the-art technology to achieve staging effects never before possible. As testament to the success of the renovation, Nazareth College Arts Center was recently named the #6 college performance venue in the country by the Princeton Review. It is Rochester’s great fortune to have an arts center of this caliber supporting and drawing exceptional local, regional, national and international talent to the region.
During the 2009/2010, Nazareth College Arts Center welcomes:
- Nov. 13 at 8 PM – Virsky Ukrainian National Dance Company – Enjoy the spirit and anthleticism of traditional Ukrainian Folk Dancing and music at its finest and most joyful. Tickets $30-$60.
- Dec. 2 at 7:30 PM; Dec.3-4 at 8 PM; Dec. 5 at 2PM & 8 PM; Dec. 6 at 2 PM& 7:30 PM – Garth Fagan Dance – Garth Fagan Dance returns home, after a much-acclaimed season at the Joyce in New York City, to treat audiences here to its rich and ripe reportoire, plus a newly-commissioned work performed with the Ying Quartet. Don’t miss the company that is this year’s talk of the New York Dance World! Tickets $30-$55.
- Dec. 31 at 6:30 PM & 10 PM – The Capital Steps – Back by popular demand with a new show called “Obama Mia,” this group thrills audiences with the hilarity of their non-partisan musical political satire. Ring in your New Year with champagne, noisemakers, music and a laughter-filled evening. Tickets $45-$75.
- Jan. 29 at 8 PM – Band of the Irish Guards/Royal Regiment of Scotland – You’ll love the majesty of this spectacular group of performers with their outstanding music from Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. You’ll enjoy the best of pipes, drums and highland dancers. Tickets $40-$70.
- Feb. 13 at 8 PM – Thomas/Ortiz Dance – This culturally diverse contemporary company combines liquid latin sensuality and über-urban athleticism to take a fresh look at thought-provoking themes. Tickets $30-$60.
- Mar. 6 at 8 PM – Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy in Masters of the Fiddle – Join two of the world’s most renowned fiddlers for a lively feast of Celtic fiddle music, Irish song and world-class step-dancing. $35 – $65.
- Mar. 26 at 8 PM – Moscow Festival Ballet in The Sleeping Beauty – Tchaikovsky’s beautiful full-length ballet Sleeping Beauty comes to life through the artistry of this Russian ballet company. Tickets $45-$75.
- Mar. 27 at 8 PM – Ed Asner as FDR – It takes a masterful actor to carry off a one-man show, and Ed Asner as Franklin Delano Roosevelt delivers a magnificent performance as FDR in his presidential years. Tickets $35-$65.
- May 14 & 15 at 7:30 PM,May 16 at 2:00 PM – Rochester City Ballet Featuring Balanchine’s Serenade and Other Works – Their presentation of the 1934 Seranade by Balanchine and works by other famed choreographers showcase the diversity and virtuosity of this young Rochester-based ballet company. Tickets $35-$65.
Season and individual tickets may be ordered online or by contacting or stopping by the Box Office, located in the upper lobby of the Arts Center. Box Office hours of operation: Mon.- Fri. 11 AM– 5 PM, Day of Performance: 11 AM – Curtain. Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards are accepted.
Box Office Manager – Cathy Whalen
Tickets may also be ordered by mail or fax, by downloading the form on the Nazareth College Arts Center website.