Many people enjoy the gift shops at museums and attractions during a visit, but forget about the unique gifting ideas for family and loved ones during the holidays or for birthdays and other special occasions.
If you’re looking for an innovative gift for someone on your list, why not explore the possibilities at these Finger Lakes attractions? Your purchase will go to support one of this region’s not-for-profit treasures! Here are a selection of attractions that offer shopping both online and in-store. Please note: Most have a much broader selection in-store than online.
- Corning Museum of Glass’ Glass Market – If it’s made of glass, chances are, you’ll find it here! From jewelry and assessories to ornaments and glass flowers, and from vases and table decor to books and glassmaking tools, this museum offers an enormous assortment.
- George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film – Discover the wonderful gift shop tucked in between the George Eastman House and the photographic collection. Here you’ll find books on photography and photographers, photography-oriented jewelry and bags, note cards, prints, t-shirts, bookends, ornaments and DVDs, as an assortment of unusual cameras.
- Glenn H. Curtis Museum – Gift items for those with an interest in aviation, including model airplanes, clothing, glass and gift ware, books, DVDs and toys.
- Memorial Art Gallery – The in-store gift shop at the Memorial Art Gallery offers a beautiful and diverse selection that includes works by regional artists, jewelry, gift items, books, framed prints, toys and more. Select items available online by calling the museum gift shop.
- Rockwell Museum of Western Art’s Trading Post – If you have someone on your list with a taste for Native, Southwest and Western art, you’ve come to the right place. At the Trading Post, you’ll discover jewelry and books, Native crafts and stationery, gift items and children’s gifts with a decidedly western flare.
Other attractions with great gift shops, but no online ordering:
- Seneca Park Zoo – Discover great gifts for the animal lovers on your list: clothing, stuffed animals, games, books and more! No admission fee to shop the Seneca Park Zoo gift store.
- New York Wine and Culinary Center – Offers a selection of gift items for the chef or wine lover on your list. You can also give the gift of a cooking or wine class.
- Genesee Country Village and Museum – Terrific selection of gifts and reproductions of items from the 19th century, including decor, clothing, toys, books, jewelry and more. Also features authentic GCV pottery. Shop is not open year-round. Visit website for schedule.
Do you know of another museum or attraction with a terrific gift shop? Please share it with our readers!