For anyone who has ever been in New York State during the fall crisp, ripe apples, winery hopping, sweater weather and gorgeous palettes of leaf colors will come to mind. Autumn is certainly one of the Finger Lakes’ most vibrant and exciting seasons!
If you’re thinking of traveling throughout the Finger Lakes to do some leaf peeping, this NYS Fall Foliage Guide from I Love NY will help you discover which weeks are peak season for the area you want to visit. If you’re the type who likes to mix education with adventure, don’t forget to print out their leaf identifier. Many people enjoy driving, but for a very different perspective, consider a fall foliage tour en bateau! A number of boats in the region offer leaf peeping tours throughout the month of October.
- Saturday, October 9 – Downtown Rochester Fall Foliage Tour aboard the Colonial Belle Erie Canal Cruise – 12:30 – 4: 30 p.m. call 585.223.9470 for pricing and reservations. Boat leaves from Schoen Place in Pittsford, NY.
- Throughout October – Two-hour Fall Foliage Cruises aboard the Harbor Town Belle Paddle Wheel Boat – Call 342-1810 for schedule and reservations. Boat leaves from the Charlotte Pier at the Port of Rochester.
- Throughout October – One-hour boat tour of Seneca Lake aboard the Stroller IV. Monday-Friday 11-4PM and Saturday & Sunday 10-8PM. Tickets are $12.50 per adults and $6.00 for children 12 and under. Leaves from Seneca Bill’s in Watkins Glen.
- Throughout October – Lunch and Dinner Fall Foliage Cruises aboard the Seneca Legacy. Leaves from Seneca Bill’s in Watkin’s Glen. Check Schedule for pricing and time schedule.
- Throughout October – Lunch, Dinner and excursion Fall Foliage Cruises aboard the Canandaigua Lady Steamboat. Check schedule for pricing and time schedule. Leaves from Steamboat Landing in Canandaigua.
Because the weather can be fickle, be sure to call ahead to confirm your reservations and don’t forget to layer your clothing to be prepared for whatever the day brings!
If you know of other Fall Foliage Boat Tours, won’t you please share them!