Here’s a head’s up if you’re a photographer or videographer and enjoy entering contests. These contests cover a wide variety of opportunities that are local to the Finger Lakes region or that focus on the topic of travel and tourism. Good Luck! Please let us know if you win.
- Finger Lakes Gallery & Frame Photo Contest and Show – Photo Theme: Beginnings.Entries are currently being accepted until February 5th, 2011. The photo contest will launch the Spring Photo Show which will be held March 4 to March 26th, 2011. Artists may submit up to four photos and there is a one-time entry fee of $35. The images selected by the judges will be on display and available for sale at Finger Lakes Gallery & Frame during the Spring Photo Show, March 4, through March 26th, 2011. Winners receive: First Prize wins a check for $300.00 Second Prize wins a check for $200.00 Third Prize wins a check $100.00. All three winners will also have their work on display and have the option to display through 2011.
- 2nd Annual Great Outdoors Photo Contest – Submit your photos of outdoor locations around the world to the 2nd Annual Great Outdoors Photo Contest for your chance to win big! The Grand Prize Package includes the Classic Polar Bear Photo Adventure for two from Nature Habitat Adventures and publication of your photo in Outdoor Photographer! Entry deadline is April 4, 2011.
- The Cayuga Lake Wine Trail is sponsoring a “Say Cheese” photo contest to celebrate their wine and cheese pairing event on March 26 and 27. The winner who takes the best wine and cheese photo at the event ($15 advance tickets, $20 at door, $10 designated driver) receives a specialty gift basket filled with goodies from local cheesemakers and wineries.
- 360/365 Shorts Contest – Mini-Musicals – Create a short film (3 minutes or less) that features song, dance, or both. $1,000 Grand Prize. All winners will be announced during a special shorts screening, date and location to be announced.Submit your short film (three minutes or less) by 5:00 p.m. (US ET) on March 31, 2011.
- RCTV-15 “Put Your Best Paw Forward” Pet Video Contest – Create a video, 2 minutes or less, and upload it to RCTV-15’s facebook page for a chance to win: First place – $250, Second Place – $125, Third Place – $75 plus a chance to have your video aired on Rochester Community Television. Deadline: February 26, 2011.
P.S. If you are running or know of other photography or videography contests, please share them!