Most people think of visiting wineries during the summer and fall, right? They know it’s a great time to see the vineyards laden with grapes, or to enjoy harvest
time and fall foliage. But did you know that the winter is actually one of the best times to visit the Finger Lakes wine region? There’s majesty and serenity in a Finger Lakes winter when the lakes sit silent and still, the hillsides are wrapped in white fluffiness and bare trees reach longingly toward the sky for sunlight.
The other reason winter is such a wonderful time to visit is that crowds are gone and wine makers have time to enjoy their guests! It’s not unusual to walk into a winery and have a wine tasting mini-seminar with the master vintner.
If personalization appeals to you, check out the super Winter Wine Weekend Getaway Specials offered through Finger Lakes Wine Country and available now in which many of the hotels and B&Bs are offering specials where, if you stay 2 nights, the 3rd night is substantially discounted, or FREE! Restaurants, shops and wineries are also being generous with discounts and freebies, so you can enjoy a winter escape and have money left for a spring or summer vacation.
Here are some offers that caught my eye:
- Stay 2 nights, get 3rd FREE at the Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel on Seneca Lake (Just designated a AAA four diamond property!)
- Stay 2 nights, get 3rd FREE at the Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars on Seneca Lake, and get a bottle of Glenora Wine, a glass of champagne welcome and a glass of port each evening.
- Stay 2 nights, get 3rd FREE at the Wagener Estate B&B on Keuka Lake
- Stay 2 nights,get 3rd FREE at Elmira’s Painted Lady B&B south of the Finger Lakes in Elmira
- Stay 2 nights, get 3rd FREE at the Radisson Hotel in Corning (for more on this hotel, read my August 2009 post about the Radisson Hotel in Corning)
For More Winter Wine Weekend Getaways and other exciting specials, CLICK HERE.
Please note: for some locations, there are exclusions for Valentine’s Weekend.