The snow in the northeast is slowly melting, and spring is just around the corner! If you’re in the mood to celebrate its arrival with a getaway, take a look at the variety of packages you can enjoy in the Finger Lakes region. One of the things the region is known for is its variety of activities where you can indulge in everything from wine trailing and cooking courses, to horseback riding and history. Our golf courses are acclaimed and we have cultural activities that will appeal to everyone from the youngest member of your group to the most senior.
Wine Making/Cooking Class Getaway at The Savannah House Inn on beautiful Seneca Lake – Includes 2 nights lodging, a bottle of wine upon arrival, a wine making or cooking class of choice at the New York Wine and Culinary Center. Rates: Queen Room – $399, Deluxe Suite with Jacuzzi – $499, Lake Front Cottage – $675, For two couples – $775. (Note: during summer, cottages are rented on a weekly basis). Himrod.
- Wine and Spirit: Rituals, Remedies and Revelry Package at the Genesee Country Inn -Plan an overnight stay in one of the Old Mill Rooms at the Genessee Country Inn with early check-in and late check-out and receive 2 adult tickets to see Wine and Spirit: Rituals, Remedies and Revelry at the Memorial Art Gallery in Rochester. Dinner at the Caledonia Village Inn is included in your stay. Package is valid through April 30, 2011, all for $250. (For review of exhibit, see “Indulge in Wine and Spirit at the Memorial Art Gallery”). Mumford.
- For Men Only Package for Romancing Your Lady at Wicker Garden Bed & Breakfast -Rekindle the romance with your special lady. For best results, be sure to reserve the Rose Suite, with its whirlpool tub built for two! Ask for Men’s Romance Package to add a flower arrangement, breakfast in bed, dinner reservations, candlelight & music turn down service, chocolates, plush chenille robes. You may also wish to add a gift certificate for two at a nearby romantic Italian restaurant, a custom picnic for two, available year-round. Package Rates start at $230 plus room taxes for the Rose Suite. Auburn.
- The History Buff Special at the Federal House Bed & Breakfast – History lovers will enjoy a weekend delving into the rich past of our area. Stay two nights in one of the Miller rooms dating from the 1840’s. Learn about the Brigham Young and William Seward connection here, then visit Auburn for your personal tour of the Seward House, tickets provided. Stop at the Harriet Tubman home. After breakfast visit the old cemetery where the Revolutionary war soldier, Thomas Ludlow is buried along with soldiers and residents from the Civil War era to present day. In downtown Ithaca, stop at the History Center in Tompkins County, followed by shopping and dining on Ithaca Commons. $300 for Abijah or Frances Miller rooms or $398 for the Lincoln Room or Seward Suite for two nights’ stay, double occupancy. Lansing.
- Horseback Riding Special at The Glass Magnolia Bed & Breakfast – A delightful getaway for the outdoor lover and horse back riding aficionado! Two Nights lodging for 2 people, 1 Hour Instructional Horseback Trail ride, Full Buffet Breakfast each morning, Self Guided Wine Tour & Tasting (purchase of Alcoholic Beverages not included), Amish/Mennonite Shopping, Dinner for 2 at a local fine Restaurant. $399 per couple weekdays (Sunday – Thursday), $529 per couple weekends. Interlaken.
- Family Fun Package at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa – The whole family can enjoy a getaway at one of the region’s premiere hotels, including overnight accommodations (5 people max per room), two breakfast buffet coupons (children under 13 eat free), family pack of passes to the National Museum of Play, Rochester Museum & Science Center, Seneca Park Zoo, Seabreeze Amusement Park, or Roseland Waterpark (last two choices, in season only), in room snacks, variety of pretzels, potato chips, Rice Krispie treats & Reese’s Peanut Butter cups. Starting a $179. Fairport.
Wine Tour Package at The Inn on the Main – Your wine touring package includes an experienced driver who knows the Finger Lakes region at its best! Package offers 2 Nights Accommodations (Double Occupancy), 5 hr. Winery Tour in Quality Wine Tours Town Car (suitable for two), complimentary gift basket with cheese/crackers, complimentary souvenir wine glasses, $50 Dining Certificate (valid at one of several fine area restaurants). Pricing: From $645- $755 (includes tour taxes and $45 driver gratuity). We can arrange for up to 4 couples with a larger luxury vehicles (Pricing for larger vehicle would be adjusted in packaging). Canandaigua.
- Couples Golf Getaway Package – Spring is just around the corner, so let the Dobbersteins help you customize your golf package getaway! Stay 2 nights, golf at one of 4 quality golf courses (Ravenwood Golf Course, Reservoir Creek Golf Course, Parkview Fairways, CenterPointe Golf Course), 18 holes plus cart, a $50 dinner certificate from one of 4 area restaurants and a free wine tasting at a local Finger Lakes Winery. A perfect get away! Package price starts at: Monday – Thursday $199 per person, plus tax, Friday – Sunday $237 per person, plus tax. Prices vary based on room choice, day of week, and golf course preference. Package based on double occupancy, room and tee time availability. Bloomfield.
Top photo courtesy of Savannah House Inn