Summer is the Finger Lakes’ favorite season… balmy days, blue skies filled with fluffy white clouds and so many possibilities, it’s hard to choose which activity to do first! In spite of the fact that it’s high season, there are plenty of amazing packages and specials available that offer the best of the Finger Lakes! By the way, with Father’s Day right around the corner, consider one of these great Finger Lakes getaway packages for that special man in your life. They’re guaranteed to create memories as special as he deserves! All are valid throughout the summer in case he needs to take a “rain check” (although we’re not allowed to say those words around here!).
Corning Museum of Glass Package at Elmira’s Painted Lady– You’ll love staying in this stunning 1875 Victorian Painted Lady, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Visit the Corning Gaffer District, including the Corning Museum of Glass and the Rockwell Museum of Western Art for one low price. Shuttle bus transportation and parking included in Corning. Remember age 19 and under are free. Starting at $137.00 per person including room. Corning. (See the Travel Maven’s articles Corning Museum of Glass and The Rockwell Museum of Western Art)
- A Day in the Country at White Oak Bed & Breakfast – Enjoy an overnight stay at the White Oak Bed and Breakfast, Victorian elegance with warm hospitality. Includes a gourmet dinner at the Avon Inn, admission to the Genesee Country Village & Museum, a 19th Century living history museum, a lovely picnic lunch with wine to enjoy at your leisure, then return to the White Oak for a second relaxing night. Package for two is $349 (taxes included). Avon. (See the Travel Maven’s Post on Genesee Country Village & Museum)
- Hole in One Couples Golf Package at Abner Adams House B&B – Enjoy a romantic stay at the lovely 1810 bed & breakfast! Choose your package from one of 4 quality golf courses that includes 18 holes plus cart, one $50 dinner certificate to your choice of 4 choice restaurants, free wine tasting at one of 4 local wineries. Package price starts at: Monday – Thursday $199 per person, plus tax, Friday – Sunday $237 per person, plus tax. Prices vary based on room choice, day of week, and golf course preference. Package based on double occupancy, room and tee time availability. Bloomfield.
- Mancation at the Black Sheep Inn – What’s good for the gals is good for the guys? Now that you’ve cleared your schedule for some downtime, its time to have some fun! Hike the local gorges & glens, head out for an early morning fishing excursion or have us reserve your tee-time for a round of golf, then sit back, relax, and let the limo take you to local microbreweries, wineries, or our local Finger Lakes distillery. Upon your return to the Inn, enjoy a man-size meal, then learn about, and sample premium cigars from one of our local smoke shops as you sit around the campfire, telling stories about “the one that got away.” Pricing per guy begins at $895.00, based on double occupancy, with all taxes and gratuities included. Don’t tell your gal, but we’ll spoil you rotten!Hammondsport.
- Seneca Sailing Adventure at the Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars -Experience Seneca Lake the way you were meant to… from the water! After checking in, you’ll head down to Watkins Glen to see Captain Terry at Seneca Sailing Adventures to embark on your sailing tour of Seneca Lake where you’ll learn about life on the lake and get a fish eye view of the vineyards. As you sail, enjoy the picnic pack we provide including cheese and crackers and a bottle of Glenora Wine. Once you’ve whetted your appetite on the lake, return for a beautiful meal at our fine dining restaurant, Veraisons, with the $100 Glenora Gift Card that is included with this package. Vintner’s Guestroom: $449 (June) $489 (July – September), Vintner’s Deluxe Guestroom: $489 (June) $539 (July – September), Vintner’s Select Guestroom: $539 (June) $589 (July-September). For a private sailing tour, add an additional $110. Dundee.
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame Package at the Rochester Plaza Hotel & Conference Center – You’ll love staying at downtown Rochester’s preeminent hotel and heading out for a day at the ball park. Package includes Room, Parking, Two Tickets to Red Wings Game and Breakfast for Two. Reservation required 48 hours in advance and additional tickets may be purchased. Rate Starting at $139.00 plus tax. Package valid through September 11, 2011. Rochester.
- Tour De France at the Savannah House on Seneca Lake – Enjoy two nights lodging surrounded by the Savannah House’s southern cottage style decor. Package includes a bottle of wine upon arrival, two road or mountain bikes for a day’s use, Savannah House Passport for free wine and tastings on the Wine Trail. Beginning at $369 per couple. Add $120 for our deluxe suite. Valid through October 31st. Himrod.
- Weekend Spa Retreat at Mirbeau Inn & Spa – Relish a retreat at the spa voted “best for romance” by Spa Finders’ readers. Two Nights accommodations, full breakfast each day, one 50 minute spa treatment per person, three-course dinner in our award winning restaurant on the evening or your choice, use of Mirbeau’s Aqua Terrace, unlimited use of exercise equipment, sauna, steam room, participation in professionally led exercise classes, all taxes and gratuities. Starting at $610* per evening.Rate above is based on Double Occupancy. Must stay two nights, arrival Friday. May not be combined or used in conjunction with any other promotions. Single package rates available, please call for more information. Rates valid through October 10, 2011. Skaneateles.
- Wine Country Getaway at the Aurora Inn – Experience the best that the Finger Lakes has to offer: world-class wines, gorgeous scenery and fresh regional cuisine. Your wine tour package includes a one-night stay, a private 6-hour wine tour in a luxury sedan, a picnic basket to accompany you on your tour, dinner and a full breakfast for two the morning following your stay. From $588 to $813 per couple plus tax & gratuity. Valid year-round. Aurora.
- Un “Wine”d at the Inn on the Lake Waterfront Resort & Conference Center – Nestled on the shore of Canandaigua Lake, you’ll enjoy a peaceful easy feeling… includes Two Nights Deluxe Accommodations, On One Evening, enjoy dinner for two at The Inn on the Lake, complimentary bottle of our featured NY State wine, tasting for two at the New York Wine & Culinary Center, breakfast for two on both mornings at The Inn on the Lake. Canandaigua.